Skip to main content

Giving Birth At Last in Jose Fabella Memorial Hospital



Giving birth is really hard. You can feel the hardship physically, emotionally and spiritually. Not only the pain, but you could also feel fear. Fear of surviving you and your babies' life.

November 15, 2011 (11-15-11, 6-9pm)
I decided to go to East Rembo Lying-In Center. Since I expected that I will give birth normally, I decided to go there first. I waited the doctor for hours. Until she said I should come back the following day for another Internal Examination.

Since I saw greenish discharge from my underwear and feel a hunch that my baby will come out,  I forced my husband to bring me to Ospital ng Makati.

November 15, 2011 (11-15-11, 9-12am)
We have a Yellow Card that is why we want to go at Ospital ng Makati. Being a Yellow Card holder entitles me not to pay any hospital expenses if it is 10,000php below. If above 10,000php, I will only pay 300php.

I filled up a lot of forms, waited for the OB, had my ultrasound (for the -Nth time). Sadly, their Delivery Room is closed, because of Sepsis. Sepsis is a very deadly situation, a hospital acquire infection that can cause death., specifically causing inflamed organs to babies & mommies. Anyways, going back, since there is sepsis, I decided not to give birth at Ospital ng Makati. But before we got discharged, my bag of water (panubigan, in tagalog) suddenly gushed out.

Fear of giving birth in a cab, and of course causing a lot of trouble was coming in my mind. Thankfully through God's guidance and with my husband's support, I was pushing myself to be strong enough for our lives (mine and my daughter's).

12- 1am 
Inside the taxi cab, I was on labor. Imagine, I was on labor at the backseat, while my husband and the driver on their front seats. Prayer was continuously running thru my head, until I wasn't able to tolerate the pain, I was saying the Hail Marys out loud.

Rizal Memorial Hospital was the first stop. Negative. Makati Residents are not allowed to give birth at Rizal Memorial Hospital. Taxi cab left.

We were waiting for another cab.

1-2am
Rain fell. Cab was sent from heaven. Next stop was PGH. Sadly, Philippine General Hospital was full, and was under cleaning/infection control because of sepsis. 

Last option was Jose Fabella Memorial Hospital. I prayed hard to Him. This was our last option. If not, I didn't know where to go next.

Thank God the Nurse accepted me. She was really an angel in disguise.

2-3am
This was the time for the Internal Examination. Doctor said it is 5cm. 5cm refers to the opening of my cervix. (Maximum opening is 10cm. If it is 5cm up, you will just wait for hours. Admitting Officers will accept you, whether they like it or not, if it is 5cm up.)

3am
I am still 'Panting' (Panting is the correct breathing pattern in giving birth, try to Google it. It will help you a lot). I was sent to Labor Room.

5am
Finally, I am in the Delivery Room. Honestly speaking, their Labor and Delivery Room, is not as bad as what they think. Both of this rooms are air conditioned. I wasn't heard any complaints from them, because I didn't shout or speak too loud. 

5:15am
I finally gave birth to my daughter. Thank God its a Normal Delivery. 

I am opposed to those who are saying that newly-birth babies in Fabella are prone to child exchange/ child switching. Why? Because after giving birth, your child will be placed on your tummy/abdomen. Also known as Kangaroo  Mother Care. So if you are first time moms, please insist the Kangaroo Mother Care.

11am
I am still in the Recovery Room. The Midwife is now concerned about me because my uterus is still soft (Normally, uterus should be hard when palpated). My husband had worried because I was still there. I told the Midwife that I am hungry, I wanted to eat because I had eaten my dinner 19 hours ago.


11:30am
At last! Transferred in Charity Ward. Stayed there for 2 days because of medications. I was lucky because I survived after Meconium Stain (meaning my daughter already pooped inside my tummy).
Food is not salty (by the way, foods are free and subsidized by the government), so every meal consist of 1 dish plus 1 cup of rice and a cup of coffee. I was one of the lucky patients because someone (some said Nuns who are regular donors) donated packs of Gardenia, so everybody received a pack of Chocolate Gardenia Bread as our snacks.

Here are the glimpse of the past:

My daughter's first photo.

Inside the Charity Ward.


My Patient Tag.

My Baby's Tag.

Lanchiel's Tag: Written there is my Maiden Name.

My name, and her gender in Lanchiel's foot.

First Photo while Breastfeeding.





Comments

Popular Posts

Food Review: BFF Fries & Coke Float

To tell you honestly, I am skeptic about food. I really love to eat toothsome and palatable food but I made some conditions in eating those food - it should be inexpensive and at the same time the three of us should eat it. I am really frank about these standards of mine for the reason that our family falls to a middle and not-so-poor-but-nearly-poor class (tell you the reasons next time). Then we went to McDonalds to eat something salty and would satisfy our binge eating habit.  Then I suddenly saw a picture of their new meal. (This article is not being paid by McDonalds. I just wrote this to those who want cheap finds.) An ad about their new product - McDonalds' BFF Fries and Float combo. I didn't even hesitate  to order this one because first - we love their coke floats, second - we love eating french fries and third - it only cost 150php good for 3. Not only those reasons but mainly because I want to eat longer than the usual and want to spent more time with th

Go Nuts Donuts: 20php Donut Craze

Honestly speaking, I am not that kind of person who spend a lot of money for food, except if it is worth the price. So here it goes, last time my husband saw a donut stall at Market! Market! and says "Markdown Price for 20php". I was hesitant at first because I am not sure if it worth buying, and 20php is too expensive for a 'Kuripot' (Thrifty) person like me. Since my husband is aware that I am kuripot, he decided to buy it for us so that we can try this Go Nuts 20 pesos donut. Go Nuts 20php Donut Craze Undoubtedly, I taste soooo good. My daughter actually liked it.. Look at the picture below.. My daughter have eaten this all by herself. She now have a happy tummy. She can't help but smile because it really delicious, plus the fact that has a chocolate icing on top. The taste is worth its price.